Today I decided I wanted to get a idea of how the machine was going to look once finished. I reconstructed the x-axis and g-clamped its uprights to the gantry base via the wooden blocks. I now needed some material to act as a waste-board (also known as a spoil-board, as piece of material that will be damaged during cuts but acts as a base to hold workpieces in position). After a quick search in the workshop I found a piece of MDF salvaged from my old kitchen cabinets (again). Cut to size and laid onto the machine a picture emerged and I was happy, extremely happy.
I removed the waste-board drilled the holes to attach the wooden blocks to gantry base. These were attached and the bolts hand tightened completing the gantry.
Leave a Reply